Friday, April 7, 2017

Review: Kale to the Queen

Kale to the Queen Kale to the Queen by Nell Hampton
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Kale to the Queen is the debut to a new cozy mystery series that follows Chef Carrie Ann Cole along as she begins her new job as a chef as Kensington Palace. She starts off at the job well and has just begun to settle into her rather grueling new position when she stumbles across a dead body. The rest of the book is he attempting to clear the name of a coworker and stay clear of another chef who has quite the attitude.
Overall I enjoyed the read. It was light and fun and I liked the main and supporting characters and thought they were well done. Though the main character is a chef, so ample food descriptions are to be expected, there might have been just a few too many. The story had great pacing and the mystery was well done. I enjoyed that the book was set in London. Hopefully that is explored more in future books.

I give the book 3/5 stars and look forward to reading more books in the series.

Thank you to Net Galley and Crooked Lane Books for providing me a copy of this book to read and review.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment