Sunday, April 9, 2017

Review: The Breakdown

The Breakdown The Breakdown by B.A. Paris
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Breakdown is a twisting psychological thriller that will keep you on your toes and guessing until the very last page. Even the tagline “If you can’t trust yourself, who can you trust?” draws you in straight away. The story follows Cass as she attempts to deal with the death of a woman she feels she may have been able to help. Driving home in a storm from a party late one night she passes a car on the side of the road and sees the shape of a woman inside the car. She stops, but doesn’t try to help and decides to go home. When she discovers that the woman was killed that night she is consumed with guilt and fear that she may be losing her mind as she begins to forget every little thing.

I couldn’t put this book down and read it all in one night of frantic page turning. I HAD to know what was going on and you will too if you pick up this book. The author does a wonderful job with dramatic scenes and with the pacing of the novel. I normally don’t like an unreliable narrator but in this case it really works for the story. Overall I really enjoyed this read and can’t wait to read more from B. A. Paris!

I give the book 4.5/5 stars

Thank you to Netgalley and St. Martin’s Press for the copy to read and review.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment